Asparagus has become my go-to side dish for just about any meal. I usually just bake it in the oven, but I’ve been looking for some ways to mix it up. If you haven’t tried phyllo dough before, stop what you are doing and go buy some! You won’t regret it.
Ever since I made this recipe, I have been pinning all sorts of ideas for how to use phyllo dough. You can use it in savory dishes like these asparagus, and even in desserts! Don’t worry, I will definitely be trying some soon and sharing them with you!
These Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus are a great side dish for just about any meal, but they went especially well with steak. Be watching for the steak recipe later this week!
Here’s the step-by-step instructions for wrapping the asparagus:
Step 1: Lay out one sheet of phyllo dough and brush with butter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pepper.
Step 2: Fold over one corner to create a triangle, leaving a small rectangle of dough at the end. Repeat with the butter, parmesan cheese and pepper. Lay one asparagus on the rectangle.
Step 3: Roll up towards the triangle.
Step 4: Place the asparagus on a pan and brush with butter. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 package of phyllo dough sheets, you won't use the whole package
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Sea Salt
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2. Optional- blanch the asparagus. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and place the asparagus in it for 2 minutes. Take them out and shock in a bowl of ice water. Pat dry.
- 3. Lay out a sheet of phyllo dough. Brush with butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pepper. Fold over one corner (see pictures) and repeat with butter, parmesan cheese and pepper.
- 4. Lay one asparagus on the rectangle (see picture). Roll up.
- 5. Place asparagus on a pan and brush with butter. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- 6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
What is your favorite way to make asparagus? I would love to try some new recipes! Let me know in the comments.