‘Tis the season for all things pumpkin, my friend! I’ve been working at a pumpkin festival on the weekends selling pumpkins. I was asked to put together some pumpkin recipes to hand out, so I’ve been making delicious treats like my Pumpkin Cake with Salted Caramel Glaze.
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen this picture I shared of our pumpkins galore at the pumpkin festival!
I needed to make some more recipes but didn’t want a sugary dessert to tempt me all week. So instead, I decided to develop a healthier version of the classic Pumpkin Bread. For this recipe, I used whole wheat flour and substituted honey instead of the sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp all-spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a hole in the center and add in the eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla. Mix together.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.