Need a breakfast idea that is healthy, low carb, simple to make and super yummy? Try this Spinach, Bacon and Feta Egg Bake! Great for make ahead breakfasts, brunch parties or breakfast-for-dinner.
I have been loving egg bakes like this one lately! We like to do them for breakfast for dinner or make something like this ahead of time so we have an easy breakfast for the next couple days.
I’ve also made this recipe for breakfast potlucks and it is so simple to make and bring along in a disposable pan.
This recipe is SO easy and combines some of my favorite ingredients into one savory breakfast casserole. It’s got bacon, veggies, cheese and eggs so it’s very filling and could be an all-in-one breakfast. Or serve it alongside your other breakfast favorites like pancakes, fresh fruit or oatmeal.
How to Customize this Egg Bake Recipe
You can easily customize this egg bake according to your tastes or what you have in the house. Try using different veggies, cheeses, or meats to mix things up.
I LOVE the combination of bacon, spinach and feta in this recipe, but if you don’t like one of those ingredients or just want to try something new, here are a few ideas.
Veggie Ideas: Broccoli, mushrooms, kale, asparagus, zucchini, bell peppers.
Cheese Ideas: Cheddar, mozzarella, goat cheese, bleu cheese, parmesan.
Meat Ideas: Breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, leftover chicken, ham, turkey.
This recipe is delicious served warm from the oven, and the leftovers refrigerate great. You can serve the leftovers cold or warm them up in the microwave or toaster oven.
Perfect for having on hand for a grab-and-go breakfast before work or school!
If you like this recipe, you’ll LOVE these other breakfast ideas!
Pin the Image Below to Save this Recipe for Later!
Did you try this recipe? If you enjoyed it be sure to leave a review! You can share on social media using #asavoryfeast or tagging @asavoryfeast. For more recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 packed cup fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 8x8 square pan.
- Cook the bacon on both sides in a skillet over medium high heat, until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside but don't discard the bacon grease.
- Add the diced onion, spinach and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until the onion and spinach are limp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the 8x8 pan.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk and the salt and pepper to season. Set aside.
- Cut your bacon into small pieces and add about 2/3 of them to your 8x8 pan. Add about 2/3 of the feta cheese. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir so that the ingredients are evenly distributed. Sprinkle with the remaining bacon and feta cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is no longer wobbly and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cut into 9 slices and serve warm. Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator, serve cold or warm up in the oven or microwave.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.