Have you ever had fried cheesecake? I love getting it for dessert after sushi. Cheesecake, dipped in tempura and fried. Sounds perfect! I’ve been meaning to try it at home, but when I came across this recipe for Cheesecake Egg Rolls, I wanted to give them a try since they seemed like an easier alternative.
I had been planning to make them for my boyfriend on Valentine’s Day but he surprised me with Gigi’s Cupcakes! If you are lucky enough to have one near you, their Salted Caramel Cupcake is out of this world! Since I had already bought the ingredients, I was able to make these cheesecake egg rolls another day.
You can serve them with whatever kind of sauce you like (or even eat them plain!) but this raspberry sauce is easy and delicious! All I did was warm up some raspberry preserves in a skillet while the egg rolls were cooking. Let me know if you try another type of sauce!
Here’s the recipe:
12 egg roll wrappers
2 blocks (8 oz each) cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
Non-stick baking spray
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
1. Preheat oven to 425. Using a mixer, combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
2. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
3. Have a cup of water handy to seal the egg roll wrappers.
4. Fill each egg roll wrapper with about 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture and fold according to the directions on the package. Make sure to fold tightly and seal them really well.
5. Place the egg rolls on the baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping once.
7. In a small saucepan, heat the raspberry preserves on medium heat and use as a dipping sauce.
Yum! I’ve liked this post on Bloglovin. I can’t wait to try these. Oh Gigi’s, I love that place! The banana cream pie is my favorite.
I have never ate this, but it looks really tasty:)
Oh, my! These look amazing!! I’m pinning this to try.
Miz Helen says
Your Cheesecake Egg Rolls will be a very special dessert, I love you presentation. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend.
Come Back Soon!
Looks delicious!!! I love cheesecake!
Kenneth Goh says
A very good recipe and I like that. Thanks for sharing with 4 seasons blog hop. Cheers and have a nice day.
Mommy on Demand says
These sound scrumpticious! THanks for sharing at the Weekend Retreat, hope to see you back on Thursday.
CJ Huang says
I’ve never seen this version of cheesecake egg rolls, but it sounds like a tasty dessert. 🙂 Thanks for sharing last week on Five Friday Finds! Hope you can stop by again this week. 🙂
These look really great !!
I’ve never had a similar egg-rolls, and I like it 🙂
OMG now I have t make these !
A Savory Feast says
They are definitely worth it!