This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #QuakerRealMedleys #CollectiveBias
Bright, colorful and packed with flavor! Smoothie bowls are a lot of fun to make. This Very Berry version is the perfect poolside snack or tasty breakfast.
I love trying new types of food. Lately I’ve been noticing smoothie bowls on Pinterest. While it seemed a little strange to eat a smoothie with a spoon, the colorful toppings caught my eye. They seemed like a lot of fun to make (and eat!) so I decided to give them a shot.
The best part of making a smoothie bowl is decorating it with fun toppings! You can use fresh fruit, nuts, chia seeds, granola… you get the idea. I went to Walmart and picked up some Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups in the Strawberry & Almond Flavor. Then I headed over to the produce section to pick out some of my favorite fruits to top the bowl with.
New Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups were the perfect topping to add a little crunch. These little cups are like nothing I’ve ever seen! Just add cold milk and the yogurt activates to create a tasty snack. Crunchy, cool, yum.
These cups are packed with with 25 grams of whole grains and 10 grams of protein with 1/2 cup of cold Skim Milk. It’s a satisfying breakfast or snack. Perfect for on-the-go! Download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive information tutorials on Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups.
Want to check out this product at Walmart? Visit this store list to find a location near you that will be offering a product demo!
Now, let’s get to the fun part! Start by making a smoothie. You want to be sure that it has a thick consistency. If it’s too runny, the fruit will sink and your bowl won’t turn out as pretty!
Pour your smoothie into a big bowl and start topping! If you look up smoothie bowls on Instagram or Pinterest, you’ll see that people get super creative with their designs. I love how organized it looks when arranged in rows, so I went with that.
This smoothie bowl is great for breakfast. The Quaker Real Medleys Yogurt Cups are filled with real ingredients that make for a great start to the day. You could also enjoy a bowl for an afternoon snack or a poolside treat.
For the smoothie:
- 4 oz of liquid, you can use juice, almond milk, water, etc.
- Small handful of spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
For the topping
- 1 Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cup, I used Strawberry & Almond
- COLD milk
- Fruit of choice, I used sliced strawberries, sliced kiwi, blueberries and raspberries
- Combine the smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a large bowl.
- Add some cold milk to the Quaker Real Medleys Yogurt Cup. I used about have the recommended amount so that the yogurt was thick.
- Decorate the top of your smoothie bowl with the Quaker Real Medleys and fruit. I arranged them in rows, but you can decorate it however you like!
What do you think of smoothie bowls? Have you ever tried one?