This one dish meal is great for a busy night! Chicken, tomato sauce, pesto, goat cheese and mozzarella cheese combine for a flavorful Italian casserole.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Classico Riserva for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
One of the most common dinnertime dilemmas I hear from my readers is that they just don’t have the time to come up with ideas and cook dinner when they come home from a long day at work.
That’s why I love casserole dishes like this. They are so quick and easy to mix together, with ingredients you probably already have in the house.
This dish is one of my favorites for an easy dinner! I came up with it a few months ago by just throwing together random ingredients I had in the house. Now it’s on the regular meal rotation in our house!
I had the opportunity to try the new Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce for this recipe. This new line up of pasta sauce is available in 4 delicious flavors: Marinara, Eggplant & Artichoke, Roasted Garlic, Arrabbiata and Puttanesca. I love that these sauces are made with no artificial flavors or added sugar.
This sauce was perfect for this dish! It added so much flavor. I used the Puttanesca variety and loved how it has actual pieces of olives in it. My husband thought I had added olives to the dish this time and was really impressed with the sauce.
This recipe makes a great dinner for a busy night. It’s so easy to mix everything up in the casserole dish and stick it in the oven. You can add a side of sauteéd veggies to complete the meal.
I’ve made this dish when we have friends over as well. It’s really easy to make a big batch and feed a bunch of people. It’s a really inexpensive meal, too.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut in cubes
- 1 24 oz jar Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce (any variety)
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. Cook the jasmine rice according to the directions on the package.
- In the prepared casserole dish, combine the cooked rice, chicken, Classico Riserva pasta sauce, pesto and goat cheese. Mix until everything is combined.
- Sprinkle the casserole with mozzarella cheese. Baked for 30 minutes or until the chicken is done and the sauce is bubbling.
Watch the video below to learn more about the NEW Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce!
Enter to win VIP coupons!
Want to try Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce for yourself? Leave a comment below sharing how you would use the new Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce to elevate your recipes. Two winners will be chosen to win VIP coupons!