Did you know you can make dessert in your slow cooker? You’ll love this easy Slow Cooker S’mores Cake. It uses a boxed cake mix along with graham crackers and mini marshmallows to create a delicious s’mores dessert.
This post was sponsored by My Cooking Pots. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. NOTE (added 11/22/17): I have been using this crock pot for more than 3 years now and love it! It still works great and I use it several times a week lately.
Have you ever tried making dessert in a slow cooker? I have always wanted to, so when My Cooking Pots sent me a Crock-Pot Slow Cooker to review, I knew I had to try it!
This time of year I love spending time with friends around a bonfire. It’s even more fun when we make s’mores! This cake takes the concept of a s’more and turns it into a moist and delicious cake.
I’m starting to realize how amazing slow cookers are! I must admit, I’m getting a little obsessed. I love being able to just throw a bunch of stuff in and have a delicious meal ready a few hours later. I can’t wait to try making more recipes with it.
One of the best things about this slow cooker is that the stoneware insert is removable, which makes cleaning a breeze! It’s even dishwasher safe.
Another great feature is the cooking time presets. Once it has cooked for the set time, it automatically shifts to the warm setting. This is great for when you are going to be gone all day! You don’t have to worry about your food overcooking if you run a little late.
This Slow Cooker S’mores Cake is so easy to make! I spent less that 15 minutes mixing everything together and putting it in the slow cooker. It’s perfect for entertaining because you can forget about it while you get the rest of the meal ready.
You’ll Love These Crock Pot Recipes Too!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 15.25 oz box chocolate cake mix
- Water, egg and oil as directed on cake mix box
- 1 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Grease a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Mix until well blended.
- Press the graham cracker crust down evenly in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Add 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the cake mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Top with marshmallows and the remaining chocolate chips. Let melt before serving.