Welcome to another week of Football Foods Friday! Each Friday, I’m sharing a fun recipe to make for game day. Football is the perfect excuse to have some friends over for appetizers like these Stuffed Potato Bites.
Have you heard of Not Ketchup? They make their delicious dipping sauces from fresh fruit instead of tomatoes. I love that all their products are made with real ingredients and natural sweeteners. I tried the Smoky Date variety. It’s the perfect sauce to keep in the house during football season.
These potato bites are perfect for watching the game because you can eat them with your fingers! You can also make them ahead of time and stick them in the oven when you are ready to eat.
I promised you that these football foods would be “man-approved” and these definitely passed the test! I made them for Andrew and his roommates and they were gone before I knew it! They guys loved them because they are flavorful and filling.
Make sure to serve them with a bottle of Not Ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce. Or, you can eat them just the way they are!
- 1 1/2 pounds small potatoes, I used honey golden
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Not Ketchup for dipping, or regular ketchup or BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and fill with water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a bowl of cold water to cool.
- In the meantime, cook the bacon in a skillet. Crumb and set aside.
- Remove cooled potatoes from the bowl. Cut in half. Using a small spoon, remove a small amount from the center of the potato, leaving a small rim of potato.
- Put reserved potato in a small bowl. Add sour cream, bacon, salt, pepper and chives. Mix well.
- Spoon a small amount of potato mixture back into the center of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are warmed through.
Did you catch my recipe last week? This Buffalo Chicken Dip is a crowd favorite. You can whip it up in a flash. Serve it with a bag of your favorite tortilla chips.
What are some of your favorite appetizers to make for game day? Let me know by leaving a comment below, and be sure to check back each Friday for a new recipe.
Disclosure: I received a bottle of Not Ketchup in exchange for a review. However, all opinions are my own.