This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Strawberry Shortbread Bars feature a from-scratch shortbread cookie topped with a strawberry cream cheese frosting! Decorate each bar with a fresh strawberry slice or sprinkles. These bars are a hit for any Spring event.
Today I’m sharing my third and final recipe for #SpringSweetsWeek 2020! Did you see my Lemon Cake Pops and No Churn Coffee Chip Ice Cream earlier this week? It’s been so much fun teaming up with a bunch of other food bloggers this week to share Spring dessert recipes. I’ve found a bunch of new ideas I want to try!
I hope this recipe is one that you will want to try. If you love strawberry shortcake, you will love these Strawberry Shortbread Bars!
I used Adam’s Extract in both the shortbread base and the strawberry frosting to balance out the flavors. Using a good quality vanilla extract is a must for me. Adam’s Extracts are one of my favorite baking staples. The vanilla is so flavorful!
These Strawberry Shortbread Bars start with a simple, classic shortbread cookie. Once it’s baked, let it cool completely before starting on the frosting.
To get the perfect consistency and color for the frosting, I used freeze-dried strawberries. Fresh strawberries would result in a frosting that is too liquid-y and doesn’t set properly.
Once the shortbread is cooled and frosted, cut them into bars and decorate! I added a slice of fresh strawberry to each bar. Sprinkles would also be a great option, or you could leave them just the way they are.
Strawberries are my favorite fruit, and my boys and I have been craving them all the time this season. We’ve been buying them every week at the store and they are usually gone by the next day. I had to buy extra when I made these bars to be sure I had enough for the garnish!
These bars are such a wonderful balance of flavors and textures. The sweet and tart strawberry flavor of the frosting and a slightly-crunchy shortbread cookie that isn’t too sweet.
Be sure to check out all of the Friday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes!
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole by Fresh April Flours
- Buttermilk Birthday Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Pecan Cannoli by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread by Shockingly Delicious
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond Truffles by Family Around the Table
- Disney Spring Treat Lemon Cheesecake by Simply Inspired Meals
- French Silk Tartlets by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Blackberry Mocha Brownies by Frugal & Fit
- Hummingbird Pancakes with Homemade Pineapple Syrup and Candied Pecans by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Fritters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Blogghetti
- Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberries by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lemon Poppy Seed Poke Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Poppyseed Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- PEEPS Crispy Treats by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Raspberry Moscow Mule Cupcakes by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Raspberry Rosé Cupcakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Spring Cut Out Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Cinnamon Chips by Sweet Beginnings
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by Jen Around the World
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Strawberry Shortbread Bars by A Savory Feast
- Vegan Lemon Berry Sweet Rolls by The Baking Fairy
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.