Becca from Two Places at Once is here today to share a delicious slow cooker recipe with us! Easy meals like this have been a must for me lately. It’s not easy cooking with a newborn! I can’t wait to give this recipe a try.
Slow Cooker Tikka Masala provides the solution to your dinner woes! A little quick prep gets the meal started and then you can leave the rest to the slow cooker.
For those of y’all that may not be familiar with my blog, I’m a huge fan of my slow cooker. I make a slow cooker recipe at least once a week and post them on my blog about twice a month. Because I work full time and manage a blog on the side, my slow cooker makes life so much easier! I love being able to prepare a meal in the morning and have it waiting for me by the time I get home.
This slow cooker tikka masala is no different! It combines wonderful aromatics with hearty protein that will satisfy you and leave you asking for more. The addition of garam masala is my favorite part of this recipe. I used to buy the spice at the grocery store and then realized I could easily make garam masala at home! It combines 7-10 spices that I typically have on hand and then I can make a larger batch to use in multiple recipes. I’ve used this recipe numerous times!
While this slow cooker tikka masala easily serves a family of four or more for dinner, it also makes fantastic leftovers. My husband and I ate it throughout the week. As the chicken sits, it marinates and enhances the flavors so the tikka masala gets even better! I can’t wait to make this tikka masala again.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice, to serve
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Season lightly with salt and pepper
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine onion, garlic and tomato paste. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes stopping every 1.5 minutes to mix. Once the aromatics are cooked, pour in the slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine garam masala, paprika and salt. Pour evenly over the chicken mix in the slow cooker.
- Cover the chicken mixture with the diced tomatoes, coconut milk and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Once the chicken has cooked, shred it with two forks in the slow cooker.
- Serve the tikka masala with rice immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Be sure to visit Two Places at Once for more like this. You can also follow Becca on social media using the links below.