Short on time? Make dinner easier with your slow cooker. Your family will love this Spinach and Artichoke Chicken with Rice.
Last week I shared about how I’ve gotten really into meal planning and have been saving a lot of money because of it.
One of the ways that I save money by meal planning is to see what I have in the house and base my meals around those items instead of spending money on new ingredients.
This was one of those meals, since I already had a lot of the ingredients in the house and only had to add a couple items to my grocery list.
If you have a busy day ahead of you and need something simple for dinner, this is it! You just put everything in the slow cooker and let it do the work for you.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry jasmine rice
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and liquid removed
- 14.01 oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker in the order listed.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Stir and serve.
Recipe adapted from I Am That Lady.