An easy slow cooker dinner to make your life easier! This Garlic Chicken and Potatoes is so simple to make with just a couple of ingredients. Just 5 minutes of prep and you’ll have this delicious dinner cooking in the slow cooker!
Do you love cooking with fresh herbs and spices? I know I do, but I always feel so wasteful buying them at the store and having most of it go bad before I use it. Today I’m working with Dorot to share a better solution!
This is so brilliant! Dorot makes frozen cubes of fresh garlic and spices so that you can add them to whatever you’re cooking. You can always have fresh garlic, basil, cilantro and more in the house without worrying about it going bad before you get to it.
You can find Dorot at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods. Click here to get a coupon!
Lately dinner has looked a little different at our house. My baby was born in August and so for awhile my husband took care of dinner or we had friends and family bringing meals to us. Now I’m slowly getting back into cooking.
It always seems like William naps better earlier in the day and is awake more when it’s closer to dinner time, so throwing something in the slow cooker works best for me.
Using Dorot products makes life easier for me, too! Here are some ways that you can use these Fresh Frozen Garlic and Herbs:
- Add them to your favorite soup recipe.
- Make your pasta sauce even more flavorful.
- Mix them in with a homemade omelet.
- Blend them into a side dish such as rice for extra flavor.
- Sauté some veggies with them to make them taste amazing.
I started with these colorful potatoes, but you can use any type of potatoes you like. I found these at Trader Joe’s and just had to use them for this recipe. Aren’t they beautiful?
Next I added in the boneless chicken, Dorot Crushed Garlic, chicken broth, salt and pepper. That’s all you need to make this easy dinner! So simple and inexpensive, right?
Now you can sit back and let the glorious smell of fresh garlic fill your home while this meal cooks.
- 12-15 small potatoes, I used the colorful potatoes but you could also use red or yellow potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cubes Dorot Crushed Garlic, or 4 cloves of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the potatoes in halves and place at the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the chicken breasts on top.
- Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker. Add in the cubes of Dorot Crushed Garlic (or minced garlic).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 6 1/2 hours on low.
Love this recipe? Pin the image below!