Looking for the perfect recipe for game day? These Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos are a fun and easy way to feed a crowd.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Taco recipe has become one of my go-to’s for parties. It’s so easy to make and serve when you have a bunch of people over. Everyone is happy because they can customize their tacos according to their tastes!
Slow cookers are the best for making party food! You can set it up and then forget about it while you finish any cleaning or decorating you need to do.
Since this chicken cooks for hours in the slow cooker, it’s tender and full of flavor. Don’t worry about making too much, this chicken is great as leftovers! When I made this recipe earlier this week I made wayyyyy too much and had a ton of leftovers. I used it in a couple recipes this week like a chicken shepherd’s pie and enchiladas. It was so good and so easy to have the chicken ready to go!
We had a bunch of family members over for this meal, so I set up a make-your-own taco bar with lots of toppings and extras. It makes entertaining so much easier to do a buffet-style meal like this.
Topping Ideas for your Taco Bar
Guacamole (either homemade or store-bought will work!)
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Adobo seasoning, If you don't have it, it's a mixture of pepper, salt, garlic powder, turmeric and oregano
- Onion Powder
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and pour the chicken broth over them.
- Season with Adobo seasoning and onion powder to taste. I usually like to add a little extra salt and pepper, but it's up to you.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Check to be sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly and then shred. Keep the chicken in the slow cooker on warm to serve if you can.
What is your favorite topping for homemade tacos?