Salted Caramel lovers, here is a snack for you! These Salted Caramel Chocolate-Covered Almonds are made from scratch but are simple to make. You won’t be able to stop munching on this little treat!
Is anyone else as obsessed with salted caramel and chocolate as I am? I love it in a coffee drink, desserts and snacks like these.
Dark chocolate-covered almonds are a snack I’ve been buying to keep in the house lately. When I’m craving something sweet, I can grab a couple and kick the craving.
So this week I tried making them at home and added a delicious salted caramel twist!
This snack starts with coating almonds with melted dark chocolate.
Next comes the tedious part: taking the almonds out one by one and placing them on parchment paper.
I definitely don’t recommend trying to do this with a teething, cranky baby climbing on your legs like I tried to do. Not fun.
Instead, put on some music or your favorite TV show and get to work. Before you know it these almonds will be ready to go in the fridge.
The caramel sauce drizzle is also homemade and also super easy! It’s made in about 6 minutes with just a few ingredients that you probably have in the house.
Once you have that ready to go, drizzle those almonds and add a garnish of sea salt!
These Salted Caramel Chocolate-Covered Almonds are the perfect little treat. And since it’s almonds and dark chocolate we can say they are healthy, right? 😉 At least they aren’t too bad for you!
Pin the image below to save this recipe for later!
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, raw and unsalted
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Sea salt or sea salt flakes to sprinkle
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate. If you don't have a double boiler you can do this in the microwave, just be careful not to overcook the chocolate!
- Pour the almonds into the melted chocolate and stir to coat. Using a fork, lift the almonds out one at a time and place on the baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate is hardened.
- Before you remove the almonds from the fridge, make the caramel sauce. Place the butter in a small sauce pan and melt over medium high heat. As soon as it is melted, add in the brown sugar, heavy cream, salt and vanilla. Whisk until combined and then bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from the heat and let it cool down a bit and thicken. You want it to be liquid-y enough to drizzle but not too hot. If it cools down too much and won't drizzle, microwave it for a few seconds.
- Take the almonds out and drizzle the caramel sauce over them. If you have extra caramel, save it in a covered container in the refrigerator. It's great for an ice cream topping!
- Sprinkle the almonds with sea salt. Return to the refrigerator for at least an hour. The caramel won't get completely hardened, it will still be a little sticky. Store the almonds in the refrigerator.