Have you noticed the “Magic” button on some of my recipes? If you have been wondering what that is all about, keep reading!
When I first started blogging, I spent a lot of time looking for ways to get my name out there and promote my posts. I had been a fan of Six Sisters’ Stuff since before I had ever thought of blogging. I was visiting their site for some recipe ideas when I found their new site, My Recipe Magic.
My Recipe Magic is a recipe community for anyone who loves a good recipe, whether they are bloggers or not. You can find recipes, build a cookbook, check nutrition, and so much more! And they are constantly coming up with new ideas to make the site even more useful.
I’ve been using My Recipe Magic as a way to promote my blog and have come up with 5 reasons why food bloggers NEED to use this site! If you use My Recipe Magic, please comment below and let me know what you love about the site.
1. Increase your traffic: Each time you upload a recipe, you have the option to just show the ingredients and partial directions on their site, and require that users go to your blog to view the entire recipe. Use an eye-catching photo and a creative name to draw users to your recipe.
2. Make money: Not only does My Recipe Magic allow you to increase your traffic by bringing users to your site to view the complete recipe, you can also make money each time someone views, shares or likes your recipe on MRM. I have found that in order to really take advantage of this you need to (1) have lots of recipes uploaded on the site (2) share the link to your recipes via social media.
I created a board on Pinterest which I called My Recipe Magic and each time I publish a recipe on MRM I pin it to this board. I also am a part of several group boards that I pin to as well. Pinterest is my #1 traffic driver so I like to take advantage of it for sending more people to my MRM profile.
Also, make sure you add the “Magic” button to your original blog post for each recipe you add to My Recipe Magic. That will help bring your readers to My Recipe Magic, making more money for you.
3. Earn rewards: Whether you submit recipes or not, you can take advantage of Reward Points! Each time you share, like or submit a recipe you will earn points to use on gift cards and giveaway entries.
4. Get noticed: There are so many bloggers who use My Recipe Magic. By posting your recipes on the site, you have the potential of having big bloggers with lots and lots of followers find your recipe and share it.
5. Find recipe ideas: I like to spend a little bit of my blogging time each day browsing other people’s recipes on a number of sites such as Pinterest, Foodgawker, and of course, My Recipe Magic. These sites are all great places to find new recipes to try and get inspiration for a brand new recipe.
I am the Featured Chef this week at My Recipe Magic! Be sure to check out my profile and recipes on My Recipe Magic!