Celebrate the premiere of Alice Through the Looking Glass with this fancy Queen of Hearts Tomato Tart!
Today I’ve teamed up with a group of other bloggers to share recipes and crafts based on the new Alice Through the Looking Glass movie, which premieres this weekend!
I’m really excited to see this movie! I remember watching the first one when I was on a looooonnnnggg flight to Africa for a missions trip back in 2010. I’ve rewatched it a few times since and really enjoyed it. So I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with the sequel!
The Queen of Heart is one of the characters that I always get a kick out of. She is just completely ridiculous!
So, I came up with a recipe idea based on her character. This Queen of Hearts Tomato Tart is a tasty addition to a brunch menu or as an appetizer for a party.
Puff pastry is a lot of fun to use. I love the flaky, buttery taste it creates for this tart. Rather than making it from scratch, I just use a store-bought puff pastry sheet. This is a great time saver when you are getting ready for a party!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1 large tomato, sliced thinly
- Dried basil to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the sheet of puff pastry on an ungreased baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and use a brush to spread evenly.
- Fold the edges of the puff pastry in about 1/2 an inch and press down to create a crust around the tart.
- Crumble the goat cheese on the puff pastry, staying inside the crust.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the tomato slices into hearts (if you don't have this cookie cutter or would rather use the whole tomatoes, that's fine). Arrange the tomato hearts on the tart, staying inside the crust. Sprinkle with dried basil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned. Slice and serve warm.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Be sure to follow along with A Savory Feast to get the latest recipes and ideas! You can subscribe to our weekly newsletter or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
Earl Grey Cake with Vanilla Bean Frosting from Around My Family Table
Chai Latte Cupcakes from Bread Booze Bacon
Pocket Watch Pops from Ashlee Marie
Beginner’s Guide to Tea from Celebrating Family
Queen of Hearts Tomato Tart from A Savory Feast
Asparagus Ricotta Puff Pastry Tart from A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies from Feast + West