This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Any product I link to is one I actually love and recommend. If you make a purchase, you’ll be supporting A Savory Feast at no extra charge to you.
Pumpkin and apple come together in this beautiful skillet cake. It’s a light, fluffy cake that has just the right amount of sweetness. Celebrate Fall with this delicious dessert!
It’s about time I shared a pumpkin recipe this Fall! Since pumpkin desserts are so popular, it can be really hard to come up with an original idea. This is one that I think you will love!
Skillet cakes are a favorite of mine. They just look so pretty in my cute little cast iron skillets! This version is a simple pumpkin cake with chunks of fresh apples folded in.
If you can’t decide between pumpkin or apple this Fall, you’ve got to try this cake. The pumpkin cake is so moist and packed with pumpkin flavor. The apple chunks add a nice sweetness to each bite.
This cake was delicious just like this, but it would be great with some icing or glaze as well! If you want to dress up this cake, try adding a homemade or store-bought cream cheese frosting or a glaze. The maple glaze from my Apple Oatmeal Scones with Maple Glaze would be perfect!
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 large apple, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 12-inch skillet or two 6-inch skillets with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg, vegetable oil and pumpkin puree. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the apple chunks and stir until evenly dispersed.
- Pour the batter into your skillet(s) and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.