Making homemade fruit gummies is easier than you think! These Pineapple Turmeric Gummies have lots of health benefits and are sweetened with honey, no refined sugar like store-bought gummies are packed with. Kids and adults alike will love these homemade gummies!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
We’ve been on a homemade gummies kick in my house! My kids love them and we have been testing out different flavors to make these fun homemade snacks.
My first gummies recipe were these Homemade Mixed Berry and Spinach Gummies that appeared on the blog a couple years ago. It’s one of our favorite snack recipes that we make often!
I love how easy it is to add extra nutrition to homemade gummies. They can easily be made without refined sugar and you can add good-for-you ingredients that you might struggle to get your kids to eat otherwise.
How to Make Homemade Fruit Gummies
Once you try making homemade gummies, you will be hooked! The first thing you’ll need is gelatin. The gelatin needs to bloom before mixing into the fruit mixture. To do this, scoop the powdered gelatin into a small bowl of cold water and let sit for 5 minutes or so while you mix and heat up the fruit mixture.
Next you’ll heat up the pineapple mixture. Combine the pineapple juice, turmeric and honey in a sauce pan and heat over medium high heat for 5 minutes. It needs to be hot but not yet boiling.
Whisk together the hot pineapple mixture with the bloomed gelatin and let it cool a bit before pouring into a pan and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
Once the gummies are set, remove from the pan and use a pizza cutter to slice into squares. Or, you could use cookie cutters to cut into fun shapes!
A look at the ingredients
The ingredients used in these gummies have lots of health benefits, making this snack good-for-you too! Lets take a look at the ingredients used:
Gelatin: Gelatin is what makes these set into jiggly gummies. I like to use Vital Protein Beef Gelatin because it doesn’t contain any fillers and is high in collagen and essential amino acids.
Pineapple Juice: Pineapple is a fruit that is very high in Vitamin C and contains antioxidants. It reduces inflammation and can help with digestion. You can read more about the health benefits of pineapple here.
Turmeric: Turmeric is a spice that is often used in curry and other Indian dishes. It is also an anti-inflammatory and contains antioxidants. You can adjust the amount of turmeric in this recipe based on your preference. If you enjoy the spicy flavor, add up to 1 teaspoon. If you aren’t a fan or are worried about your kids disliking the flavor, use just a dash or omit.
Honey: These gummies are naturally sweetened with honey. Honey contains vitamins and minerals that you won’t find in refined sugar. Most storebought gummies are high in refined sugar, so using honey as an alternative sweetener can be a healthier choice.
Want more healthy snack recipes?
- 4 packets unflavored gelatin, (Each packet contains about 2 1/4 teaspoons of gelatin so if you have a container of gelatin use 9 teaspoons)
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Place the cold water in a small bowl and whisk in the gelatin powder. Let bloom while you start on the next step.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the pineapple juice, honey and turmeric. Heat over medium high heat for about 5 minutes. You want it to be hot but not yet boiling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the hot pineapple mixture and the bloomed gelatin. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Let sit for about 10 minutes to cool down a little.
- Pour into the 9x13 inch pan, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Once set, use the parchment paper to remove the mixture from the pan and set on a cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to cut into pieces (alternatively, you could use cookie cutter to make fun shapes). Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
You can adjust the amount of turmeric based on your preference. To increase sweetness, add more honey.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g