This is the perfect sandwich for a picnic! It’s quick and easy to make and is much more impressive than your typical lunch meat sandwich. I am a huge fan of goat cheese, especially on sandwiches. It goes great with pesto, too!
I built each Pesto and Goat Cheese Chicken Sandwich on top of a piece of tin foil and then wrapped them up once they were done. I brought them on a picnic with my boyfriend and they were still warm when we got to the park about 30 minutes later.
Later this week, I will be kicking off Hump Day Happenings, a link party open to bloggers of all kinds! The theme this week is Spring, so I will be linking up this recipe because Spring is the perfect time for a picnic! If you are a blogger, make sure to mark your calendar for Hump Day Happenings every Wednesday.
Here’s the recipe:
2 hoagie rolls, cut in half
2 boneless chicken breast halves
4 tbsp goat cheese
4 tbsp pesto
1. Preheat oven to 375. Season the chicken with the spices.
2. Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
3. Spread the goat cheese on all 4 halves of the hoagies.
4. Spread the pesto on all 4 halves of the hoagies.
5. Top the sandwich with the chicken.