Kick off your holiday baking with an easy chocolate bark! This Pecan Pretzel Chocolate Bark is a wonderful combination of salty and sweet. Perfect for gifting or holiday parties!
This bark was, to be quite honest, something I threw together because I really needed a post for today. But it turned out to be something pretty amazing. My husband LOVED this stuff!
Chocolate bark is something that is really easy to make and you can customize it according to your tastes or to use the ingredients you have in the house.
I am a big fan of desserts that combine salty and sweet flavors, so that was how this bark was born. It starts with a crunchy pretzel and pecan mixture. It just takes a few minutes to mix up the chopped pretzels and pecans with brown sugar and butter. Then bake it and let cool to create the topping for this bark.
- 1/2 cup pretzels, roughly chopped (measure after chopping)
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped (measure after chopping)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix together the chopped pretzels, chopped pecans, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Spread on a baking sheet with sides. Bake for 7 minutes. Let cool completely before breaking into small pieces.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips and milk in a double boiler and stir until melted. Spread in a 1/4 inch layer on the parchment paper. Sprinkle with the pretzel and pecan mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until hardened. Break into pieces and enjoy.