Kids and adults will love this healthy snack! Fresh apples and pears made into a homemade sauce with no added sugar. You won’t believe how easy this recipe is to make at home! Once you try it, you’ll never go back.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, you will be supporting A Savory Feast at no extra cost to you! Thank you!
I loved applesauce when I was a kid. Even as an adult, I like having it for a snack. It’s also great in recipes like muffins or desserts instead of sugar.
Now that my little guy is 9 months old and showing more interest in solid foods, I’ve been trying to have regular meal times with him and letting him try different foods.
I’ve made homemade applesauce before, so I knew how easy and healthy it is to make it myself.
In addition to fresh apples, I also added pears to this sauce. It adds just a hint of pear flavor along with some extra nutrients. But the texture stays the same!
I used it to blend up this sauce in seconds! I didn’t even have to put it in a different bowl. Just use the immersion blender to blend up the apples and pears after cooking. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you could use a hand mixer or throw everything in a blender.
Once you finish making the Pear and Apple Sauce and let it cool, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. I found that the big mason jars work great for storing!
Pin the Image Below to Save This Recipe for Later!
- 4 apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 pears, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup water
- Place the chopped up apples, chopped up pears and the water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or a hand mixer to blend the apples and pears into a sauce. You can make it as chunky or smooth as you like.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container (big Mason jars work great!) in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.