One bite and you will be hooked on this healthy, homemade snack! Parmesan Sweet Potato Chips are baked instead of fried and seasoned with parmesan cheese, sea salt and spices.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
These Sweet Potato Chips are one of my favorite healthy snacks. They are super easy to make and I just love how crispy they are!
Having healthy snacks in the house is really important for me. If I keep items in the house that aren’t great for me, I’ll end up eating them when I get hungry.
These chips make a great snack, but they would also be great with burgers or other cookout foods. If you have the time to make a huge batch, they would be great for a party, too!
I use a Mandoline Slicer to cut perfectly thin slices of sweet potato to make these chips. If you don’t cut them thin enough, they won’t get crispy when you bake them. My mandoline has 3 thickness settings, and I always go with the thinnest one.
I got my mandoline a few years ago from our wedding registry. It’s come in handy quite often! I use it for making scalloped potatoes, wide zucchini noodles, french fries and more.
Quality sweet potato chips at the grocery store can be really pricing! Making these at home is a great way to save money and keep a healthy snack option in the house.
Tips for Making the Perfect Sweet Potato Chips
- The chips will shrink as you bake, so pick sweet potatoes that are at least 1.5 to 2 inches wide.
- Use the thinnest setting on your mandoline slicer to cut thin slices so they will get crispy when baked.
- Mix up the spices to suit your tastes! I sometimes make these with just sea salt, too. So simple but so yummy!
- Once you flip the chips and put them in the oven a second time, be sure to check on them at the 30 minute mark and keep an eye on them after that. They can quickly get too dark or burnt!
This post was originally published on February 19, 2015. The photos and post have been updated.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Use a mandolin to slice them thinly. The thinner they are, the crispier they will be.
- Place the slices in a large bowl and add the olive oil. Toss to coat. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheets. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the parmesan cheese and season with sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip each slice. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and season with sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Put the baking sheets back in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes. Check them around the 30 minute mark and keep an eye on them because they can get too dark quickly!
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the baking sheets. Store in an airtight container.
What is your favorite healthy snack?