When I was a kid, my parents called brussels sprouts “Brussee Sprouts” because they sounded so much like our last name. My brothers and I were told we automatically had to like them because of that. I didn’t always agree when I was younger, but I have grown to like them now.
I am a fan of roasting vegetables anyway, so I knew that would be the perfect way to prepare them. Of course, everything is better with bacon, right? While it may take the nutritional value down a bit, the bacon and cheese make these brussels sprouts so good, even if you typically don’t like them.
Here’s the recipe:
2 cups brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon bacon bits
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cut the brussels sprouts in half and arrange on a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the sprouts. Season to taste with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
4. Sprinkle with about half of the bacon bits and cheese, saving the remainder to sprinkle after cooking.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with remaining bacon bits and cheese.