This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
A delightful Spring dessert, this Orange Cream Cheese Loaf is made with fresh oranges and uses cream cheese instead of butter. The loaf cake is flavored with fresh squeezed orange juice and orange zest, then topped with a sweet orange glaze.
This week has been so much fun! I joined in with 30 other bloggers to share dessert recipes to get you inspired for Spring baking.
For this Orange Cream Cheese Loaf Cake, I used Nancy’s Organic Probiotic Cream Cheese to create the perfect texture and flavor. Typically recipes like this would use butter, but I used this cream cheese instead. Nancy’s cream cheese is so tasty and it’s nutritious too. I love having it in the house to spread on bagels or banana bread, but it’s also great for using in recipes like this.
The orange glaze gets it’s flavor and color from the Barlean’s
This pretty cake is quite simple to make. It doesn’t take a whole lot of time or ingredients to put together.
The cake is made with a few basic ingredients including the Nancy’s cream cheese. It’s flavored with fresh squeezed orange juice and orange zest, which also gives the cake a slight orange color.
The glaze is my absolute favorite part of this cake! I could drink it plain. It’s made with powdered sugar, the Barlean’s
Then all you have to do is throw away the parchment paper and there’s not a big mess to clean up!
This cake is definitely best served fresh right after you finish glazing it or at least the first day. You can keep it out on the counter the first day.
If you end up having leftovers, keep them in the refrigerator but take the cake out for a bit before serving it again.
More #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes!
- A #SpringSweetsWeek G & T by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Bunny Bark by Our Good Life
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches by Crumb Top Baking
- Carrot Cake Scones by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chocolate Crepe Cake Roll by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Marshmallow Dip by Simply Inspired Meals
- Chocolate Panna Cotta by The Gingered Whisk
- Chocolate Wacky Cake by The Gingered Whisk
- Cottontail Chex Mix by Books n’ Cooks
- Easy as Pie Coconut Cream Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Flower Pot Spring Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Homemade Peach Cobbler by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Key Lime Cupcakes by House of Nash Eats
- Key Lime Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Lemon Cake Roll by Sweet Beginnings
- Lofthouse Soft Sugar Cookies with Frosting by The Crumby Kitchen
- Marshmallow S’Mores Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Mint Chocolate Yogurt Pudding by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Cream Cheese Loaf Cake by A Savory Feast
- Orange Cream Overnight Oats by Cookaholic Wife
- Orange Creamsicle Fruit Salad by Home Sweet Homestead
- PEEPS Bunny Trail Cupcakes by Family Around the Table
- Sheet Pan Key Lime Pie by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Simple S’mores Bars by Cooking With Carlee
- Small Batch Chocolate cupcakes by Creative Southern Home
- Strawberry Papaya and Blood Orange Margarita by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Vegan Blueberry Yogurt Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes by The Baking Fairy
Pin the Image Below to Save This Recipe for Later
For the Cake
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed from about 2 oranges)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Barlean's Seriously Delicious™ Total Omega® Orange Crème
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Extra orange zest to sprinkle
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a loaf pan (approx. 9x5x3).
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing until fully combined. Stir in the orange zest and orange juice until mixed. If you have any leftover orange zest, save it to garnish the cake later.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry mixture into the wet slowly, mixing until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in the pan until you are able to handle the pan, then turn the cake out onto a rack to cool completely.
For the Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, Barlean's Seriously Delicious™ Total Omega® Orange Crème, vanilla extract and milk. Check that the consistency is good. It needs to be thin enough to drizzle, but thick enough to not just fall off the cake. If your glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If too thin, add more milk.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cake and sprinkle with orange zest. Let set before cutting into slices and serving. This cake is best served fresh the day you make it.
If you don't have the Barlean's Seriously Delicious™ Total Omega® Orange Crème, you can substitute with orange juice instead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 336mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 6g
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.