Want to mix up your dinner rotation for Fall? It doesn’t get easier than this One Pan Honey Pecan Chicken with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts. Lots of Fall flavors and textures in one yummy meal.
Lately I’ve been trying to work on my vegetable recipe repertoire. I was getting a little bored because I basically stuck to the same few vegetables to go with dinner each week, and I usually cooked them the same way.
I recently tried a recipe for honey butternut squash which was SO good! Ever since, I’ve been hooked on butternut squash. For this recipe, I expanded upon that side dish and turned it into a whole meal.
The stars of this recipe? Butternut squash, brussels sprouts and pecans. I love the Fall colors they bring to this dish!
If you haven’t added nuts to your vegetable dishes before, you are missing out! I love the little crunch and extra flavor they add.
Typically I feel like I need to have something like rice, pasta or bread with my meal in order to get full. But not with this meal! The pecans add some extra protein and the butternut squash helps to make the dish really filling.
Want more easy, one dish meal ideas? Here are a few I’ve shared in the past!
- Cheesy Broccoli, Sausage and Rice Casserole
- Baked Garlic Butter Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
- Hearty Sausage Skillet
- Sausage and Potato Skillet
Be sure to check out these 15 Healthy One Dish Dinner Ideas, too.
Pin the image below to save this recipe for later!
Did you try this recipe? If you enjoyed it be sure to leave a review! You can share on social media using #asavoryfeast or tagging @asavoryfeast. For more recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.
- 1 pound of chicken, I used boneless chicken breasts. Bone-in or thighs will work too!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 cups brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more to grease the pan
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 400. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on a sheet pan and tilt the pan around so it is covered with oil. Place the chicken on the pan.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut into small cubes. Cut the brussels sprouts in halves. Place the butternut squash and brussels sprouts into a ziploc bag or a bowl. Add the honey, olive oil and minced garlic and shake the bag around or stir to coat with the honey mixture. Spread the vegetables in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Sprinkle the vegetables and chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken) or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with pecan halves. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.