These No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars are an easy treat that combines salty and sweet into one yummy bar!
When I was a kid, my brothers and I often made a peanut butter bar with a chocolate topping. We used graham cracker crumbs in the peanut butter layer, but I decided to try mixing things up and use pretzel crumbs instead.
One of the gifts I received at our wedding was a food processor. I decided to try using it to crush the pretzels and make the dough for this recipe. It made it so much easier! If you don’t have a food processor, you can always put the pretzels in a gallon bag and crush them using a rolling pin or meat tenderizer.
- 1 1/2 cups of pretzels, plus extra for topping
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lightly spray an 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the pretzels into fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Pour melted butter, sugar and peanut butter into the food processor and process until smooth. Add in the pretzel crumbs and process again until everything combines into a dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of butter in the microwave by setting for 30 seconds, stirring, and repeating until melted.
- Spread the chocolate over the peanut butter layer. Immediately add the whole pretzels you reserved as a topping. If you bought the rods or small sticks, you can crush them before sprinkling on top.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or until ready to eat. Cut into bars and serve.