This appetizer is so easy to make! Just 3 ingredients and a few minutes and these Mozzarella Wontons will be ready for a party.
Planning a party and need a simple, crowd-pleasing appetizer? I’ve got just the thing today. All you need are wonton wrappers, mozzarella cheese sticks and a pasta sauce like Bertolli Riserva.
This pizza-style appetizer has a crunchy outside and a gooey, cheesey middle. Add the savory Bertolli sauce and you have the perfect combination of flavors!
Assembling the wontons is easy! Once you get into a rhythm, you’ll have them ready to go in the oven in no time.
- 25 wonton wrappers
- 5 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1/2 cup Bertolli Riserva Sauce, I used Porcini Mushrooms & White Truffle Oil
- Cut each of the cheese sticks into 5 equal pieces. Freeze for 30 minutes before assembling the wontons.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a large cookie sheet. Fill a small cup with water to use to seal the wontons.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface and put one of the mozzarella pieces in the center of it. Dip your finger in the water and wet all 4 corners of the wonton wrapper. Bring two of the corners that are across from each other together and seal. Bring the other two corners up and seal (see the picture above).
- Place the wontons on the cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned. Be sure to keep an eye on them after 10 minutes to be sure they don't burn.
- Warm the sauce in the microwave or on the stove top and serve along with the wontons.
What is your favorite Bertolli Riserva flavor?