These adorable Mini Strawberry Mousse Tarts just scream Spring! Perfect for Easter, baby or wedding showers, parties and just because. These tarts feature a from-scratch shortbread crust filled with mousse made with fresh strawberries.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2019! I’m excited to join in with this fun event hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures!
What better way to celebrate the coming of spring than with food? 30 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring!
Our sponsors helped us give away some great prizes during #SpringSweetsWeek. Thank you so much Swiss Diamond, Dixie Crystals, Nancy’s Yogurt, Sprinkle Pop, Adams Extracts, Barleans, Melissa’s Produce, and PEEPS® for your generosity.
How To Make These Mini Tarts
I was so excited to receive a Jêt Mix Immersion Blender from Swiss Diamond to use for this recipe. This blender can do just about anything! It has a variety of attachments that are easy to use and easy to clean.
To make these tarts, I used the blender a couple of different ways. First, I used the food processor attachment to purée the strawberries.
Then I used the whisk attachment to quickly make the homemade whipped cream that goes into the mousse.
If you have an immersion blender and are looking for more ways to use it, be sure to check out my post 10 Ways to Use an Immersion Blender.
Strawberries are one of my favorite ingredients to use in Spring desserts. They gave this mousse such a pretty pastel pink color!
I used fresh strawberries to create a purée to flavor and color the mousse instead of using food coloring.
The sweet strawberry mousse is contained in a light shortbread crust. The crust is made from scratch with just four ingredients!
If you don’t have an immersion blender yet (or if you are looking for an upgrade!), you’ve got to check out the Jêt Mix Immersion Blender from Swiss Diamond. It was so easy to use and switch out attachments for the different steps of this recipe.
I’ve been using it for all sorts of things in my kitchen, from chopping nuts to making whipped cream, blending fruit purées and more.
More #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes!
- A PEEP into the Upcoming #SpringSweetsWeek Festivities by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Blueberry Shortbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Balls by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Nest Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Coconut Lemon Pound Cake by The Crumby Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Easy Marshmallow Popcorn Balls by House of Nash Eats
- Easy Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars by Creative Southern Home
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat by Simply Inspired Meals
- Individual Italian Easter Breads by Cookaholic Wife
- Lemon Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Blueberry Scones by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Lemon Cream Pie by Home Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Ricotta Stuffed Crepes with Cherry Syrup by Cooking With Carlee
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Orange Pineapple Nice Cream Pops by Crumb Top Baking
- PB&J PEEPSomars by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Blueberry Upside Down Cake by The Tip Garden
- Peeps Shortbread Checkerboard by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Roasted Strawberry Mousse Tart by The Gingered Whisk
- Soft Frosted Lemon Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs by Blogghetti
- Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie by Books n’ Cooks
- Sweet Breakfast Crepes by The Speckled Palate
- Toasted Pound Cake by Our Good Life
- Vanilla Bean Dutch Baby with Strawberry Hibiscus Syrup by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate Strawberry and Champagne Scones with Champagne Glaze by Family Around the Table
- White Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting by Sweet Beginnings
- Xangos by Palatable Pastime
Wendy Klik says
Immersion blenders make life so much easier and these amazing tarts will make life so much more delicious.
A Savory Feast says
I can’t get enough of this immersion blender! It’s so helpful.
Simply Inspired Meals says
These sound really fresh and delicious and I love how you used the blender for the many steps. Makes me want to get one.
Lisa Kerhin says
I love these! Cute and yummy….perfect for brunch buffets or Easter dessert tables
Now I want to upgrade my immersion blender! These look absolutely fabulous!
A Savory Feast says
You totally should! This blender is so handy. I love all the interchangeable attachments.
Jan Thomas says
seriously.. I am in love with these little treats!
These look great and I’m always a fan of individual desserts!
This filling looks great! The fresh strawberries sound so, so good.
Ooooh, that immersion blender is soooo cool! Your little tarts are adorable and sound tasty!
Terri Steffes says
I am a big fan of ANYTHING that starts with a brownie mix. These look delightful. Wow.
So bright, vibrant, and perfect for spring! I can’t wait to try these.
They are so little and sweet and look totally delicious
Valentina | The Baking Fairy says
These little mousse tarts are so adorable! I love that you used the immersion blender to make the process easier!
A Savory Feast says
Thank you! The immersion blender was so great for making these.
I’ve been in the market for an immersion blender, I’ll be able to convince my husband it’s a sound purchase when he sees this recipe 😉
Jaida ~ Sweet Beginnings says
I love everything about these! Miniature desserts are my favorite, and who doesn’t love strawberry mousse??
I could eat a plateful of these! That mousse looks so creamy!
Cheese Curd In Paradise says
I love a good strawberry dessert, and these tarts looks so yummy and the berries look so fresh!
Leanne | Crumb Top Baking says
Love using strawberries in spring desserts! And you can’t go wrong with mini desserts! That immersion blender sounds like an awesome gadget to have in the kitchen!
I can’t believe I didn’t know shortbread was so easy to make! That immersion blender sounds great, and has me wanting to upgrade mine now.
Liz @ Books n' Cooks says
I could eat several of these in one sitting. I love that you used naturally sweet berries to flavor and color the mousse – these little bites look so light and refreshing. I can’t wait to try them.
What a sweet treat for a spring brunch. Strawberry mousse sounds delicious.
Teri@The Freshman Cook says
I love the fresh strawberries in these tarts! They looks amazing!