This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveDoveFruits #CollectiveBias
DOVE® Dark Chocolates are my all-time favorite candy. When I heard about the new DOVE® Fruit varieties, I knew they would be delicious in a trifle. They come in Cherry, Blueberry and Cranberry — all of which are covered in creamy, delicious dark chocolate.
Have you ever made a trifle before? They are so much fun, and look absolutely beautiful. After making these, I decided I need to be sure to add a large trifle bowl to my wedding registry. I’ll definitely be making them more often!
A few months ago Andrew and I decided to start going out for a weekly date night. Between roommates and busy schedules, it can be hard to find time for just the two of us some weeks. Since I’m a quality time person, it’s so important for me to have one-on-one time with Andrew. One of our date night traditions is to always have dessert!
For our date night last week, I wanted to make these yummy trifles. I decided it would be a lot of fun to make individual servings so we could each have our own. I used brownies and vanilla pudding to complement the DOVE® Fruit Cherries.
You can find these new DOVE® Fruit flavors at your local Wal-mart. They were located in the candy aisle. I used the Cherry variety in this recipe, but it would be delicious with any of the flavors (or all 3!).
I bought extras so I could enjoy them as a snack. Dark chocolate is good for you, right? At least it’s a much better option when I’m craving chocolate. I can’t decide which flavor is my favorite! The cherries are bigger and have more chocolate, which is definitely a plus.
Trifles would be a lot of fun for a make-your-own dessert bar, too. You could offer a variety of flavors of pudding and different topping options. In addition to brownies, include angel food cake pieces or cookie pieces.
- 1 Brownie Mix, prepared according to the directions on the box (Your choice! You won't use the whole package, so any size is fine)
- 1 Vanilla Pudding Mix, prepared according to the directions on the box
- 1 package DOVE® Fruit Cherries
- Cut the brownies into 1/2-inch square pieces. Place one layer of the brownies pieces in the bottom of your bowls.
- Add a layer of pudding. I used about 1/4 cup of pudding for each layer.
- Sprinkle with 3-5 DOVE® Fruit Cherries.
- Repeat these layers 2 or 3 times or until your bowl is full.
- If you aren't serving them right away, cover and store in the refrigerator.
Have you tried DOVE® Fruit yet? Which flavor is your favorite?