Have you ever made your own donuts? Grab a donut pan and give it a shot! These Maple Baked Donuts are one of my favorites to make from scratch!
These donuts have maple in the dough and in the glaze. Double maple! The combination of maple with the cake donut gives you the flavor of a pancake. The only thing that would make this better would be to top it with bacon!
One of the best things about baked donuts is that you can make them ahead of time. That way, you can enjoy them for breakfast the next day without having to bake right when you wake up.
This recipe is so easy to whip up. Before long, you’ll have the donuts in the oven, filling your house with their tasty aroma.
Making baked donuts is so much simpler than frying them! You’ll love how simple these are to make. Once you try this recipe, mix things up by coming up with your own baked donut flavors and toppings.
More Donut Recipes!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter,, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix in the butter, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and egg. Stir until no longer lumpy.
- Pour the dough into a piping bag and pipe into the donut pan. If you don't have a piping bag, use a sandwich bag. Just cut a slit in one corner and squeeze the dough into the pan.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until browned. Let cool for 5 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, maple syrup and milk. You can add more milk if it's too thick, or more powdered sugar if it's too thin.
- Drizzle the glaze over the donuts and let set before serving. Store any leftovers in a sealed container on the counter.