This Lemon Pepper Chicken and Vegetables recipe works great for a low carb meal, whether you have it for dinner or pack it up for lunch. If you meal prep your lunches for the week, you will love adding this flavorful recipe to your rotation!
If you follow along with my Instagram stories, you have probably seen my meal prep every Monday. After I do my grocery shopping, I spend some time meal prepping make the rest of the week a little easier.
I usually prep some ingredients for our dinners that week such as making shredded chicken or getting some meat started with a marinade. I also make lunches for my husband to bring to work that week.
My husband likes to eat low carb lunches, so I’ve been trying to come up with new ideas to try so that I’m not making the same lunch over and over.
This Lemon Pepper Chicken and Vegetables is one of his favorites! It’s super easy to make, too. It works great to pack for lunch for 3 or 4 days or would be perfect for a healthy dinner too.
Marinades are key for meal prepping your lunches! You don’t have to get bored of eating chicken every day when you can mix things up with different marinades.
The marinade for this recipe is made up of a few ingredients that you probably already have in the house.
Once you are ready to cook, sauté the chicken along with some vegetables. Some of our favorite for this dish are zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms. You can use whatever you have in the house, though!
This recipe is one I go back to often when I am meal prepping lunches for my husband. It’s so quick and simple to make and is very cost effective too. It lasts for several days and still tastes good on the 3rd or 4th day!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons , (or about 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, (cut into cubes)
- 1 zucchini, (sliced)
- 1 yellow squash , (sliced)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, onion powder, minced garlic and chicken in a ziploc bag. Seal the bag and shake to mix everything up so that the chicken is covered with the marinade. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Pour the entire contents of the ziploc bag into the skillet. Brown the chicken for 1-2 minutes on both sides. Lower the heat to medium and stir in the zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
This recipe work great for meal prepping! Once it is cooked, let cool and then divide into 3 or 4 containers. It will last 3-4 days.