Three layers make up these delicious Lemon Cheesecake Crumble Bars. First comes a shortbread base, then a lemon cheesecake layer. It’s all topped with a buttery crumble that brings the whole dessert together. This treat is a must this summer!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission.
Lemon. Cheesecake. Crumble. Bars. 4 words to describe an absolutely heavenly summer dessert!
Last week was the official first day of summer, although that is basically a joke to people who live in Florida like me. It’s already been summer for months here!
When the weather is this hot, all I crave are fruity desserts like these lemon bars.
Classic lemon bars are one of my favorite treats, so I gave them a cheesecake twist for this dessert.
These bars are super sweet with a light, lemon flavor that is so refreshing.
My Lemon Cheesecake Crumble Bars start with a buttery shortbread base. It’s made with just 4 ingredients and only take a minute to mix up.
Next comes the star of the show: the lemon cheesecake layer! It’s made with cream cheese and features lemon juice and lemon zest to give it a nice, tart flavor.
And finally, a sugary crumble on top for a little bit of crunch and extra sweetness.
Pin the image below to save this recipe for later!
For the shortbread layer
- 1 cup unsalted butter, , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the lemon cheesecake layer
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese,, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter,, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
Make the shortbread layer
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Slowly add in the flour and sea salt, mixing until a crumbly dough forms. Press evenly into the 9x13 pan and set aside.
Make the cheesecake layer
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add in the vanilla, sugar, lemon juice and zest and mix well. Add in the egg and mix well.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan on top of the shortbread layer. Spread as evenly as you can using the back of a spoon. Set aside.
Make the crumble layer
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, salt and flour. Use a fork to stir until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and the cheesecake layer is slightly puffy. Let cool completely in the pan before slicing into bars and serving. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.