You gotta love having brothers who are handy when it comes to fixing and maintaining a car. My brother, Jon, helped me out by changing my oil and replacing the filter on my A.C. so I made him some lemon bars to say “thank you!”
This week, our theme for Hump Day Happenings is family. I will be linking up this post, and I invite all my blogging friends to link up their “family” themed post, too! We have had a lot of success with this link party and are excited to see the turnout this week.
Here’s the Recipe:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup confectioners sugar (plus extra to sprinkle)
3/4 cup cold butter
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour and confectioners sugar.
3. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into the pan.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
5. In a large bowl, combine eggs, granulated sugar, 3 tbsp flour, baking powder and lemon juice.
6. Pour over the crust. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
7. Let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into bars.
8. Store in the refrigerator.