Remember a few weeks ago when I talked about the healthy changes I’m making? One of those changes involves cooking healthier dinners. One of the ways I do this is by creating healthier versions of my favorite meals.
Of course, we used our favorite Cast Iron Grill Skillet to “grill” the chicken. You can use one if you’ve got it. If not, a regular skillet will work just fine (or you could use a real grill!).
Here’s the Recipe:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
4 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 large tomato, diced
1 large onion, diced
Cilantro to taste (fresh or dried)
Basil to taste (fresh or dried)
Onion Powder to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Cook the quinoa and water according to the directions on the package.
2. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the garlic on medium high.
3. Brown the garlic and onions in the skillet. Add tomato and spices and lower to a simmer.
4. In a large skillet (I used a Cast Iron Grill Pan) heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
5. Season the chicken with all spices. Brown the chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Lower the heat to medium and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
6. Serve immediately.