Mix up a batch of these Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars in minutes! Made with oat flour and sweetened with honey (plus some chocolate chips for texture and a little sweetness!). This snack is great for a mid-afternoon treat that is guilt free.
Who else can’t get through the afternoon without a snack? I’ve spent most of the past 4 years either pregnant or breastfeeding, so I’m basically always hungry.
These bars are one of my favorite homemade snacks because they are:
- Easy to make with ingredients I always have in the house.
- Sweetened with honey and a few chocolate chips so they are a better-for-you sweet treat.
- No bake and made in just a few minutes.
I love finding easy snack recipes that I can make and keep in the house instead of eating so many processed, store-bough snacks. It saves money and is much better for me and my kids.
Plus, these bars will satisfy a sweet craving without being loaded with refined sugar. To make them completely sugar-free you could use sugar-free chocolate chips or omit the chocolate chips (but who really wants to do that?!). You can also use maple syrup or another liquid, natural sugar in place of the honey if you like.
Currently the most popular post here on my blog is my Healthier Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars. This new recipe is basically a snack time, no bake version of those bars so I know you guys will love these bars!
Want More Healthy Snack Ideas?
Did you try this recipe? If you enjoyed it be sure to leave a review! You can share on social media using #asavoryfeast or tagging @asavoryfeast. For more recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.
- 2 cups oat flour (see notes)
- 1 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt (omit if your nut butter contains salt)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used mini dark chocolate chips)
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until completely combined.
- Line a 8x8 square pan with parchment paper. Press dough into the pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cut into bars. Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge.
Oat Flour: You can purchase oat flour at the store, but it's so easy to make if you have rolled or quick oats in the house. Put the oats in a blender or food processor and blend into a flour-like consistency.