Make this fresh, flavorful Fall salad for dinner tonight! Grilled Chicken and Apple Salad is a snap to throw together and features a homemade apple vinaigrette dressing.
Ok you guys, the holidays are SO CLOSE! In preparation, let’s try to eat healthy for a few more days, ok?
Make it easier on yourself with this super easy, super tasty, super healthy Fall salad!
Prep the grilled chicken the day before and you can throw this dinner together in minutes.
As I was making this salad, I realized that I almost never serve salad as a side dish. It’s always a main dish in my house, complete with meat and other ingredients such as nuts, seeds or grains to make it extra filling.
Another must-have when I make a salad is a homemade dressing. It’s so simple to make dressings using ingredients you already have in the fridge. Homemade dressings are often better for you and taste better too!
This salad features a homemade apple vinaigrette dressing. It couldn’t be easier to make! All you have to do is add a few ingredients to a mason jar and mix it up before pouring over the salad.
I have found lately that at this stage of life with a toddler, it’s so much easier for me if I can prep some or all of our dinner early in the day. For some reason that 5 o’clock hour seems to be when William is the fussiest and the least likely to want to play independently.
For this salad, I was able to prep all the ingredients and begin to assemble the salad during William’s nap. Once my husband got home and we were ready to eat, I just pulled it out of the fridge and finished assembling everything.
But even if I had saved the prep work for right before we ate, I still could have made this salad in less than 15 minutes!
Pin the image below to save this recipe for later!
- 1 bag of spring salad greens
- 4 grilled chicken breasts
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Place the salad greens in a large bowl. Slice the chicken breasts into strips and place on top of the greens.
- Slice the granny smith apple into thin slices. Add the apple slices on top of the greens.
- Add the sunflower seed kernels and feta cheese on top of the greens.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a mason jar. Screw on the lid and shake until mixed together. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine all the ingredients. Serve immediately.
If you won't be serving the salad immediately, place the apple slices into a bowl with water and a splash of lemon juice for a couple minutes to prevent browning before adding them to the salad. Wait to add the dressing until you are about to serve the salad.