Easy Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry is great for a quick dinner or for meal prepping. Made with only a few simple ingredients. Serve it by itself for a low carb meal or add some rice to make it more filling.
This is a busy time of year for many, and quick, simple meals are a must. This Easy Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry fits the bill!
It’s also great for meal prepping to bring to work for lunch. It can be easily divided into 4 or 5 containers to pack for work each day.
Do you meal prep your lunches for work? It saves so much time and money! And making a recipe like this is so easy.
Each Monday I like to do some meal prepping to get ready for the week ahead. One of the things I always make is lunch for my husband to bring to work.
My husband likes to eat low-carb for lunch, but if you prefer you can serve this stir-fry with something like rice or quinoa.
This recipe is great for meal prepping because it is quick and easy to make, healthy, and reheats easily. Plus it’s low carb!
Pin the Image Below to Save this Recipe for Later
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts,, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion,, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli,, cut into pieces
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Place the cubed chicken, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix until the chicken is coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the chicken on both sides and then lower the heat to medium. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- You may want to add more olive oil to the pan if needed. Add the onion and broccoli to the pan. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. In the meantime, mix up the sauce in a small bowl or cup.
- Add the chicken back into the pan as well as the sauce. Stir so everything is coated with sauce. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes or until the broccoli reaches the desired tenderness.
Serve for dinner either by itself or over a bed of rice or quinoa. For meal prepping, let cool and then divide into 4-5 containers and store in the refrigerator.