Cream cheese is a magical ingredient. It takes an already delicious recipe and makes it 10 times better. Case in point: these Cream Cheese Brownie Cookies. You probably have a brownie mix in the house, so dress it up with a few extra ingredients for a tasty treat.
Today I’m taking another old recipe from the A Savory Feast archives and giving it an upgrade! These Cream Cheese Brownie Cookies were published back in 2014. Today I’m sharing all new photos, but the recipe is the same.
It had been awhile since I made these cookies, and I forgot how incredible they are! They have the perfect gooey texture.
I love making recipes that dress up a boxed mix. It saves time and money when you are in a pinch, and they always turn out great.
Whenever I make brownies, I like to under-bake them just a little so that the inside is gooey. I did the same with these cookies! Make sure you take them out right when the edges are set, but the center still looks gooey.
I like to add white chocolate chips to these cookies for a little extra flavor and texture. It makes the cookies so pretty, too!
If you don’t have white chocolate chips, you can try adding any other flavor chips or chopped nuts instead.
These cookies are always a hit when I make them, and I am sure you will love them too! Brownies are one of my all-time favorite desserts, so I love this fun take on them.
This recipe originally appeared on A Savory Feast on December 26, 2014. The photos and text have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Pin the image below to save this recipe!
What is your favorite way to use cream cheese?
- 1 19.5 oz Brownie Mix
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Beat in the egg.
- Add the brownie mix and stir until combined. It will be a thick mixture.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Place by rounded tablespoon-fulls onto a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Don't bake for longer than 12 minutes, you want the inside to be gooey!
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.