Because one kind of cookie just isn’t enough! These rich chocolate cookies are stuffed with chunks of Golden Oreos for an over-the-top cookie that will make you crave more.
Cuisinart sent me their Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler in exchange for using it to create this post.
I’ve been wanting to bake cookies way too often lately! Usually we try not to keep too many sweets in the house because if it’s there, I have zero will-power to stop eating them. So when I make sweets for a blog post I’ll enjoy a few and then find someone to give them to!
These cookies, though… I definitely ate more than I should have! They are just so good. Super soft chocolate cookies with a nice crunch from the Oreo chunks.
The problem with baking this time of the year is that it is so hot here in Florida! Whenever I turn on the oven the air just runs and runs trying to keep the house cool.
So I was so excited to receive a Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler from Cuisinart! I decided to see how it worked for baking cookies so that I could avoid turning on my big oven in the middle of the day.
Before now, we didn’t have a toaster oven in our home. I had no idea how often it would come in handy! Since I work from home, I make lunch for myself almost every day. Having this oven has been great for heating up leftovers, toasting bread or even cooking a lunch from scratch.
It’s so nice to not have to turn on the big oven when I’m just making something small or reheating leftovers.
The cookies baked perfectly! This dough is great for freezing, so you can bake just a couple cookies at a time in this oven.
Next, I’m planning to make a loaf of my Healthy Banana Bread in this oven since it’s big enough to fit a loaf pan!
Any chocolate lover will go crazy for these cookies! They have such an amazing texture and are extra chocolatey!
- 1 stick plus 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup Golden Oreos, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides.
- Slowly add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Turn off the mixer and use a spatula to stir in the Golden Oreo chunks.
- Roll the dough into balls, using about 3 tbsp of dough for each ball. Place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.