We all know that banana bread is better with chocolate chips, right? Why not make it even better by making the whole bread chocolate? This delicious Chocolate Oat Banana Bread is also gluten free and dairy free.
Oat flour is a great way to make breakfast favorites like breads or muffins gluten free. I always have a container of oats in the house, so it’s super easy to use my blender to make some oat flour. I love the consistency it adds, too!
I gave banana bread an upgrade by making it extra chocolate-y. If you want, you could even add some chocolate chips!
Here’s a weird fact about me: I can’t stand bananas, but I really like banana bread. As long as it isn’t super banana-y. Pretty weird! But my favorite type of banana bread always involves some type of chocolate, whether it’s chocolate chips or a completely chocolate bread like this one.
Banana bread is something I make often. It’s great to have in the house for a quick breakfast or a snack. It’s so easy to make, too!
Pin the image below to save this recipe for later!
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cup of oats, dry, uncooked to make 1 1/2 cups oat flour (see step 2)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 over-ripe mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Place the oats in a blender and blend into a flour-like consistency. You'll probably need between 1 1/2 cups and 1 3/4 cups of oats to make the 1 1/2 cups of oat flour you will need.
- In a large bowl combine the oat flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas and add in the oil and egg. Mix well.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.