Homemade pizza night just got even better with this Chicken, Spinach & Artichoke Pizza. This new twist on spinach and artichoke dip puts it in pizza form with chicken to make it a complete meal.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I will receive a small commission.
One of my goals this year was to start making more things from scratch instead of buying them from the store. Things like enchilada sauce, pasta sauce, breads and now pizza dough.
Before now, I had so idea how easy and inexpensive it is to make your own pizza dough! I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer to mix up and knead the dough for me.
I used Sally’s Baking Addiction’s recipe for the pizza dough, which I highly recommend! You can use any recipe or just buy your dough at the store to save time if needed.
While you are taking the time to make your own dough, you may as well make extra to freeze for later! I liked how the recipe above made enough for 2 balls of dough. I used one for this recipe and froze the other for another night.
Now that I’ve tried making my own pizza dough, I think pizza night needs to be a regular occurrence at my house. There are so many ways I can mix things up with different toppings.
This recipe is a twist on my favorite spinach and artichoke dip. I combined it with chicken to make it a complete meal. This is a great way to use up leftover chicken!
If you like this recipe, be sure to try my Spinach and Artichoke Phyllo Bites too!
Pin the image below to save this recipe for later
Did you try this recipe? If you enjoyed it be sure to leave a review! You can share on social media using #asavoryfeast or tagging @asavoryfeast. For more recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.
- 1 (16 oz) pizza dough,, homemade or store bought
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups fresh spinach,, chopped (measure after you chop)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts,, chopped (measure after you chop)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese,, divided
- 1 cup cooked chicken,, shredded or cut into small pieces
- salt and pepper
- cornmeal for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 475 F. You want the oven to be really hot, so let it preheat for at least 30 minutes while you prepare the pizza. If you are using a pizza stone, put in the oven before you turn it on and let it heat up for the full 30 minutes.
- Put the olive oil in a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add in the spinach and artichokes and sauté until the spinach is wilted. Add in the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and stir until the cheeses are melted. Season with salt and pepper, stir and set aside.
- Flour a surface and roll out your pizza dough to at least 12 inches. Once the oven is preheated, prepare your pizza stone or pizza pan. For the pizza stone, take it out of the oven and dust with cornmeal before placing the pizza dough on it. If you are using a pizza pan, lightly spray it with cooking spray and then dust with cornmeal before placing the dough on it.
- Spread the spinach mixture evenly on the pizza. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
I used this recipe for homemade pizza dough. You can use your favorite recipe or buy dough from the store.