I’m always looking for ways to use Quinoa in some of my favorite dishes. This time, I used it to replace rice in stir-fry. Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you, this dish really is easy and tastes like something you would get in a restaurant!
I almost picked up a bottle of stir-fry sauce at the store but check what the ingredients were first. They were all things I had in the house so I decided to google a recipe for stir-fry sauce and give it a try. It tasted great!
Here’s the recipe:
2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
1 (15 oz) can Stir-fry vegetables (the can I got had sprouts, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and baby corn)
1 cup snow peas
1 egg, scrambled
Stir-fry sauce (see below)
1 tbsp corn starch
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 cup chicken broth
1. Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine the quinoa and chicken broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. In a skillet heat the oil on medium high. Brown the chicken for 1 minute on each side.
4. Add the snow peas and lower the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add quinoa, stir-fry vegetables, sauce and egg. Bring to a boil.
6. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook 5 minutes or until the chicken is done and snow peas are tender.
CJ Huang says
This dish sounds so good! I like how you substituted quinoa for rice. 🙂 Thanks for linking up at Five Friday Finds.
Hi I found you on the It’s a Princess Pinterest Link Up Party. I’m following one of your boards and Google+. Would love if you can come and visit me too.