This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BetterWithCraisins #CollectiveBias
It’s been too long since I shared a new quinoa salad recipe! But don’t worry, I’m fixing that today with this refreshing, delicious Chicken Quinoa Salad with Craisins® Dried Cranberries and Poppy Seed Dressing.
Quinoa salads are a favorite of mine. They are incredibly versatile, since you can add all sorts of things and create any flavor you like. They are also perfect for an all-in-one meal since you have your veggies, meat and more.
For this colorful salad, I used Craisins® Fruit Clusters Cranberry Almond to add a bit of crunch and sweetness. I also added some Crasins® Dried Cranberries Reduced Sugar for a finishing touch of color.
I picked up the ingredients for this recipe at Walmart. All of the Craisins® products can be found in the dried fruit aisle. There are so many varieties and flavors of Craisins®, it was hard to decide which one to use!
Both of these products worked great in this salad and added a lot of flavor and texture. I’ve also been enjoying having them on hand for snacking! 1/4 cup of Craisins® provides a 1/2 cup serving of fruit, so it’s great to munch on.
Keep things light for dinner tonight with this delicious salad! It makes great leftovers for lunch the next day, too.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder (a couple shakes of each)
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Craisins® Fruit Clusters Cranberry Almond
- 1/2 cup Craisins® Dried Cranberries, I used Reduced Sugar
- 1/2 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- Place the boneless chicken in a pot and fill to just above the chicken with water. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium high and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Shred the chicken (you can use whatever method you like, but I like to put my chicken in my stand mixer to shred it).
- In a large bowl, layer the quinoa, shredded chicken, lettuce, Craisins® Fruit Clusters and Craisins® Dried Cranberries. Add a little bit of the dressing at a time, stirring to coat.
- Refrigerate the salad for about an hour and serve cold (If you are planning to wait longer to eat the salad, reserve the Craisins® Fruit Clusters and add them before serving so they don't get soggy).