I can’t believe it’s almost February and time for the big game! While I don’t usually mind watching football, my favorite thing about the game is the food! Today I’m sharing an easy recipe for Chicken & Guacamole Baked Tacos.
The information and products for this post were provided by General Mills through Linqia. This recipe and all opinions are my own.
What are your plans for game day? If you are hosting a party and need something easy, I’ve got just the thing! I used Old El Paso Stand ‘n Stuff Taco Shells and Avocados from Mexico to create these Chicken & Guacamole Baked Tacos.
If you’ve been by my blog before, you may have discovered my obsession for avocados. It’s a food I actually didn’t like until a couple years ago. Now I can’t get enough of them! I knew a homemade guacamole would complement these tacos perfect.
Andrew and I rarely eat Mexican foods because he usually isn’t big on them. But this recipe was different! He loved it, and was talking about how good it was all night. The creamy guacamole adds so much to these tacos.
I always prefer chicken to beef when it comes to tacos, so I decided to go with chicken for this recipe as well. Plus, the chicken tastes amazing with the avocados.
This recipe is a lot of fun for a party, because each person can top their tacos however they like. In addition to the toppings I suggested on the recipe below, you could also use bacon bits, extra cheese, hot sauce, onions, or whatever you like!
There’s nothing better than an easy recipe for your game day party. And who doesn’t love tacos? Compared to all the other game day foods, this recipe is pretty healthy, too.
For the guacamole:
- 2 avocados - pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
For the tacos
- 10 Old El Paso Stand 'n Stuff Taco Shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Shredded iceburg lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Diced green onions
For the guacamole:
- In a medium bowl, mix the avocados, lime and salt.
- Add in the onions, tomato and garlic.
- Refrigerate until needed.
For the tacos:
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease an 8x8-inch casserole dish. Heat olive oil in a large skillet to medium high.
- Dice the chicken breast, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to taste.
- Cook the chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Lower the heat to medium and cook for 7-10 minutes or until done. Set aside.
- Place the tacos in the greased casserole dish. Divide the guacamole and chicken among the tacos. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and diced tomatoes.
Through 2/4, you can save on these products when you shop at Publix! Check out these great printable coupons for Old El Paso products and Avocados from Mexico.
Win a $15 PayPal Gift Card!
Enter below to win a $15 PayPal gift card so that you can try these products yourself! Open to US residents 18 years of age and older. Giveaway runs from 1/31/2015 to 2/12/2015. Winner will be chosen randomly.