Make it a salad-for-dinner night with this filling and flavorful Chicken Cobb Salad with Homemade Avocado Dressing! A bed of romaine lettuce topped with chicken, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes and a homemade avocado dressing.
Last week I shared a recipe for Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing, and now I want to show you a great way to use it!
When we do salad for dinner, we like to make it a full meal by adding lots of filling ingredients. I rarely make salads on the side, but instead do something like this that includes lots of protein, veggies and other nutritious ingredients.
This salad is topped with some of my favorite things: chicken, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes and that delicious avocado dressing!
Hard-boiled eggs are something I ALWAYS make for our salads! I just love the taste and texture that they add.
The Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing is so simple to make. If you haven’t tried making your own dressings before, this is a great place to start!
It’s made with greek yogurt, avocado, fresh squeezed lime juice and a few spices. You can mix it up in minutes!
For the chicken, you can use leftover chicken or cut up a rotisserie chicken. You could also do what I did first cook the bacon in a skillet, then cut up raw boneless chicken into small pieces and cook in the bacon grease. So much flavor!
Pin the Image Below to Save this Recipe for Later!
More Salad Recipe Ideas:
The Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing originally appeared on A Savory Feast in this post, but I’ve included it within the recipe below to make things easier for you!
Did you try this recipe? If you enjoyed it be sure to leave a review! You can share on social media using #asavoryfeast or tagging @asavoryfeast. For more recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, shredded (or lettuce of your choice)
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded or cut into small pieces (see notes)
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing
For the Dressing
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 chives, chopped (or 1 tbsp dried chives)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- Place the lettuce in a salad bowl and top with chicken, bacon, tomato and eggs. Toss to combine if desired or you can serve with the ingredients decoratively displayed on top as seen in the recipe photos.
For the dressing:
- Combine the avocado, greek yogurt, lime juice, chives and cilantro in a food processor and mix well.
- Pour the dressing into a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing and serve.
For the chicken: Leftover, rotisserie, grilled, etc all work great! I cooked my bacon in a skillet first, and then cut the raw chicken into cubes and sautéed it in the bacon grease.
The Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing recipe originally appeared on A Savory Feast here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 559Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 315mgSodium: 637mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 46g