As you can probably tell, buffalo chicken is one of my favorites. There are so many fun dishes and so many ways to be creative. I collected so many buffalo chicken recipes on Pinterest I recently decided to devote an entire board to it.
I can’t take full credit for this recipe, my boyfriend Andrew initially came up with the idea. We loved making Buffalo Chicken Texas Toast, getting buffalo wings and using buffalo sauce at Chick-fil-A, so why not douse an ENTIRE CHICKEN in buffalo sauce?
The first time we made this, I got extra creative and even made my own buffalo sauce. However, I have to admit it’s just not as good as the bottle. I now use Texas Pete Extra Mild Buffalo Wing Sauce for any buffalo dish I make because it is the best one out there.
Be sure to make some mashed potatoes to go with this meal, because the buffalo gravy is so good!
Here’s the recipe:
1 whole chicken (I used a 4 pound one for 2 people)
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp pepper
1 cup buffalo sauce
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp corn starch
1/4 cup water
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Place the chicken in a pan, breast side up.
3. Rub most of the garlic powder, salt and pepper under the skin of the chicken, saving some to sprinkle on top before cooking.
4. Rub all about 1/2 cup of the buffalo sauce under the skin of the chicken.
5. Pour the chicken broth into the pan. Pour remaining buffalo sauce over the top of the chicken, stirring some into the broth as well.
6. Sprinkle the remaining garlic powder, salt and pepper on top of the chicken.
7. Cook for 1 3/4 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked.
8. Pour the broth into a skillet and bring to a boil.
9. Mix the corn starch and water in a cup and slowly stir into the broth. Lower the heat and let thicken for 2 minutes.