I love anything Buffalo Chicken, so when I found this recipe on Pinterest, I just had to try it. In fact, this was the first meal I ever cooked for my boyfriend when we first started dating (yes, he was impressed).
This dish is loaded with so much good stuff, starting with crispy texas toast and layering on buffalo chicken, lots of cheese, green onions and ranch dressing. I’ve tried several kinds of buffalo sauce and found that Texas Pete Extra Mild Buffalo Wing Sauce (pictured above) has the best flavor. You can’t go wrong with the texas toast, the garlic one works well or if you love cheese get any of their cheese topped varieties.
- 6 slices of Texas Toast
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 16 1/2 oz bottle of buffalo sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp ranch dressing
- Shredded Mexican cheese, 16 oz
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and onion powder. Brown the chicken on both sides (about 10 minutes). Add garlic and stir. Add the buffalo sauce and butter and stir until the butter is melted. Lower the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the texas toast according to the directions on the box.
- Once the toast is done, spoon some chicken and sauce over the top of each piece of toast. Sprinkle with cheese and onions and top with a drizzle of ranch dressing.