I am having so much fun celebrating Fall this week! I’ve teamed up with 18 other bloggers to bring you the Fall Welcome Week. We are all sharing our favorite things about the season, such as this Buffalo Chicken Chili recipe I’m sharing with you today. It’s the perfect way to warm up on a cold day.
If you’ve been here before, you know I love buffalo chicken! I’ve added it to just about everything you can imagine. This chili recipe takes a classic dish and adds an exciting buffalo twist. Buffalo Chicken Chili is a great one-pot meal to make on a busy night.
This recipe is inspired by white chicken chili, but adds a spicy buffalo twist. I used Texas Pete’s Extra Mild Buffalo Sauce which isn’t very spicy, but the other spices add a kick to it. If you don’t like spicy foods, make sure you omit the chili powder.
- 2 lbs cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 15.5 oz cans Cannellini Beans (White Kidney Beans), drained
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil to medium high. Saute the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until onions are cooked.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, cannellini beans and buffalo sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium and add chicken.
- Add the spices.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes. If you want, you can let it simmer for long. I did, and it helped the flavors blend together more.
Don’t forget to enter to win a fabulous Fall Prize Pack! Get all the details and find out how to enter below. I’ve put together a collection of some of my Fall favorites that will make the season even more enjoyable for you.
Have you shared a post about Fall recently? Maybe a pumpkin recipe or a DIY project? Join in the fun and link it up below! Be sure to check out a few other posts after you link up.