One of my favorite things about Spring in Florida is having cookouts. Lately, my friends and I have been having at least one cookout a week! We all get together and bring a dish to share.
If you’ve been here for awhile, you know how much I love making stuffed burgers! Well, I’ve got a new creation to share with you: Buffalo & Blue Cheese Stuffed Turkey Burgers!
There’s nothing quite like the combination of blue cheese and buffalo sauce. We keep both of these ingredients in the house at all times! The other day I realized there was one thing I hadn’t tried to make with this combo… stuffed burgers.
While blue cheese in any form is delicious, I especially like when it’s just melted. It was amazing inside of this burger! If you prefer, you can make this recipe using ground beef, but I really like how it tasted with the turkey burgers.
I made a batch of my Blue Cheese Dip and added a little extra milk to make it more of a dressing for my salad, but I also used a little instead of mayonnaise on the burger. It was delicious! You can never have too much blue cheese, right?
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Dried Basil (for seasoning)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- Place the ground turkey in a large bowl and sprinkle a few dashes of each of the seasonings. Use your hands to mix well. Form 8 thin patties.
- Divide the blue cheese crumbles among 4 of the patties, placing them in a small pile in the center of the patty. Pour about 1/2 tablespoon of buffalo sauce on top of the blue cheese crumbles.
- Place the 4 other patties on top of the blue cheese and buffalo patties. Seal the edges completely so that the cheese and sauce doesn't leak while you are cooking.
- Heat the grill to medium high. Place the burger on the grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Lower the heat to medium and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until the burgers are cooked thoroughly.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
What’s your favorite way to use buffalo sauce & blue cheese?