Berry White Chocolate Cups with Mascarpone Cream are a gorgeous red, white and blue treat for your summer parties. Perfect for Memorial Day or 4th of July, this dessert starts with a homemade white chocolate cup that is filled with a mascarpone cream and topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I’ll receive a commission.
When people hear I’m a food blogger, one of the questions I get a lot is “what is the best thing you’ve ever made?”
Well, I’m pretty sure my new answer is these Berry White Chocolate Cups with Mascarpone Cream! The combination of flavors and textures is just incredible.
I never pass up a chance to make desserts with fresh berries! Strawberries and blueberries are my favorites, especially when they are paired with chocolate.
The filling of this dessert starts with a homemade, 4-ingredient mascarpone cream. Mascarpone goes so well with fresh fruit, so next comes a topping of strawberries and blueberries. Finish off the cups with a sprinkle of powdered sugar!
You’ll be sure to impress your guests when you serve this dessert in these homemade white chocolate cups! They are actually so simple to make, and I’ll teach you how in the recipe below.
You’ll need to use silicone cupcake liners to make these cups. Once the chocolate sets, it’s super easy to peel off the liner.
The white chocolate cups give the perfect crunch when you bite into them! Next you’ll get the creamy mascarpone cream and the sweet berries.
This dessert is great for when you want a patriotic red, white and blue treat for a party. It’s a hit for Memorial Day or 4th of July!
If you are making these cups any other time of year, you could also try using different types of fruits.
Now the question is, will you pick the cup up with your hand and bite into it, or serve them on a plate and eat with a fork? However you eat it, this summer treat is absolutely delicious!
- 1 pound White Chocolate Bark, melted
- Strawberries and blueberries, (about a cup of each)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
For the mascarpone cream:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 silicone cupcake liners
For the white chocolate cups
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Use a spoon to scoop about a tablespoon of chocolate into one of the silicone cupcake liners and spread it evenly inside the cup. You want it to be a thin layer, with no holes or gaps. Repeat for the rest of the cups and place in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to set.
- Remove the cups from the refrigerator and do another thin layer of chocolate on the inside of each cup. Put them back in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to be sure they are hardened.
For the mascarpone cream
- While the cups set in the refrigerator, make the mascarpone cream. Add the heavy cream to the bowl of your stand mixer. Use the whisk attachment to whip until soft peaks form. Transfer to a different bowl and set aside.
- In the same bowl of your stand mixer (no need to wash it), add the mascarpone cheese, sugar and vanilla. Use the whisk attachment and whisk until smooth with no lumps.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture using a rubber spatula. Place the bowl back on your stand mixer and whisk until lump free, but be sure not to over whisk.
- Take the cups out of the refrigerator and carefully remove the chocolate cups from the silicone cupcake liners. Set the cups on a serving tray.
- Spoon or pipe the mascarpone cream into each chocolate cup, filling it about 2/3 of the way full. Fill the cup to overflowing with blueberries and strawberries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately or put them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.